Thursday, August 31, 2006

This book I'm reading, Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates (Tom Robbins), deals a lot with hypocrisy. The lead character "Switters" is a vegetarian, but eats gravy. Hates the government but works for the CIA. Dispises organized religion but is considering joining the Catholic faith. It really makes hypocrisy hilarious to me. It's definitely taken the edge off a lot of things that used to bother me. I strongly recommend it. I have been on a Tom Robbins binge lately, and I just bought his first book yesterday Another Roadside Attraction along with Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I am pretty much going to force myself to read Altas Shrugged before another Robbins book (though Paul demands I hurry up and read Even Cowgirls Get the Blues so we can watch the movie [I heard it sucked]). I might even read Lost Languages: The Enigma of the World's Undeciphered Scripts (Andrew Robinson) as well, before allowing myself to move onto Robbins. I might become a girl obsessed. Pretty soon I'll be moving to Seattle and stalking him. I'll throw beets at him. He'll never know it was me!

1 comment:

dad-e~O said...

I love Tom Robbins, have you seen his Fan site, with the trail of birds (woodpeckers?) that follow your curser, neato.
I followed your bikeforums link to your blog, fun reading